Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Excitement is an understatement


Tonight, I am going to the Halifax Forum to watch alt-rock band Wilco perform. I became a fan of this band back in 2007, around the time Sky Blue Sky came out. Due to my obsessive musical nature, I quickly bought the group's entire catologue, including any side projects from members of the band. I had Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in my car for three months straight and I'm still not sick of it.

I missed an opportunity a year and a half ago to see them open for Neil Young. I didn't have enough money to pay for a ticket. So, when a friend of mine told me last October that they were returning to Halifax, we quickly purchased two tickets. And I began to wait.

And the waiting is over! I'm going to stand in line at least three hours before the show actually opens. I want to be up front and center and feel the intensity this band is sure to resonate.

Wilco, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment