Thursday, August 24, 2006

12:22 am - I am like a bull

here we go. it's too bad impatience wasn't a virtue. I'd be quite virtuous. It runs through my body like warm milk. Bulls are impatient or maybe they just have a quick temper. But if some ugly moustache donning guy started waving a red towel at me, I would get frustrated too.

Wikipedia had to say this about impatience:

"Impatience is an opposite of patience."

Thanks, that really helped. This forced me to continue my search. This is what they said about patience.

"Patience is the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties."

"Without becoming annoyed," I found that interesting. I think you can be annoyed and still be patient. Life is annoying in itself! Anything can go wrong, nothing is set in stone. Your couch will mark the wall which means you have to go buy a better paint than the landlord used to paint it before you moved in! The only thing set in stone in this life is that a man, God's own son Jesus came to this earth a really long time ago and died for me and my impatience. And my anger. And my rage. Yes and it would go on and on. He set me free from death and gave me life. Eternal partying with Him! Just think, I'll be able to drill a screw without the bit coming out! I'll be able to drink coffee without spilling it on my clothes! I won't have to tell my brother to turn the volume down! All annoyances gone!

They also said this...

"Annoyance is an unpleasant mental state that is characterized by such effects as irritation and distraction from one's conscious thinking. It can lead to emotions such as frustration and anger."

Well I've copied and pasted enough now. Time to go jump onto my bed and rest.

sean

No comments:

Post a Comment