Wednesday, August 30, 2006

wake up dead man

Earlier today, I took some time to read in Ephesians. Granted I was going in with the mindset that I had to read because that's what a good Christian does but I was actually looking for enlightenment. I found a great passage concerning light. Paul makes note that we (Christians) were once covered in darkness. There was no light at the end of our tunnel. No skylight in our ceiling. But when we became saved, our lives were put on display for everyone to see. Or at least a lot of ours were. Light exposes everything wherever it shines. I'd like to use an analogy I created:

Remember when you were a child roaming around through a nearby forest looking for treasure or interesting animals? You'd look near trees and in the brook. You could walk past a rock and not think anything of it because it's a rock. There's nothing special about a rock or is there? If you were to lift the rock up and look under, you might find an entire ant army or a family of salamanders! Or if you crack open the rock, you'd be able to see what gems were beneath its hard surface. My point I'm trying to make is this: We are like dull rocks with life beneath our surface and beauty within us. All we need is someone to crack us open or lift us up and the light will shine down upon us. This is what Jesus did for us on that cross. I guess you could say He found the amethyst in me. Or the salamander.

I challenge you today to wake up from your deceased state.

sean

1 comment: