Wednesday, November 22, 2006

gee it's about time for an update

This past weekend was a blast folks! The drive up on Thursday night was a bit rough to the extreme amount of fog on the road, especially through Algonquin Park. I drove slower because I didn't want to hit a moose or doe which made the ride a lot longer. But we made it safe and sound and it was great to see Ruth's family again.

My friend Luke also spent the weekend with us. He drove up from Toronto on Friday. Everyone in Liz's (Ruth's sister) house had left that morning to either shop or go play hockey. I stayed behind to do my laundry and cleaned their house for them. It was the least I could do. I know it's a tad weird but I felt like I should. Before the trip, I had bought Matt May's latest album, "When the Angels Make Contact." Consequently, being alone in a huge house, I cranked the music! Check his music out...he might have a myspace page or something.

Anyway, I left Magnetewan to head out to Huntsville which is about a 45 minute drive to meet Luke. We met at Wal-Mart and I bought some rich chocolate mints. I have a weak spot for mints.

Blah blah blah, the weekend was good. Ruth, Luke and I went to North Bay on Saturday to hang out and we went to a neat little coffee shop called Twiggs. It looked exactly like Starbucks. Right down to the color and everything. It was also Ruth's birthday Saturday. She turned 20!

Luke also bought a game called "Apples to Apples," a very fun game where you're given an green adjective card and you have to put 1 of your 7 cards (which are nouns) down, and it has to be what you think best describes it. It is hilarious and fun for the whole family.

We went for a hike on Sunday in Magnetewan in the woods behind Ruth's old house. As we traveled along, we came across a river leading into a small waterfall. It also started snowing that day which made everything look magical. Instead of leaving for Belleville on Sunday, we decided to stay an extra night and leave in the afternoon the next day. That way we wouldn't have to drive in the dark for 4 hours back home and we could spend some quality time with her family.

Now we are back in town. And that's all I have for now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:19 p.m.

    hello brother,
    sounds like an extremely fun weekend! i absolutely love the song you sent me , i cant get enough of it! sorry we got cut off today when we were talking on msn , the computer decided to have a little spaz. well i guess i will see/talk to you in a few......
    love your loving sister,
    lindsay.
    - you should join myspace , thats the big buzz now at malagash/church :)

    ReplyDelete