I'm very glad I went to church this morning. The message the pastor brought to the congregation brought me to tears...it really just broke me down. Here are the notes I jotted down this morning.
- Jesus Christ broke the power of sin over our lives when He died and rose again.
- To experience freedom from sin's power:
1. I must be fully committed to God and the process of changing and
2. Identify a specific area in need of drastic change.
3. Remember that you as a Christian are free from sin's power.
The question the pastor asked was this: "Is the truth of Jesus Christs death and resurrection piercing you? Does it mean anything at all to you?"
It was at this point I realized how desperate I am for Christ.
Scripture readings were:
1 Corinthians 10:13 (We have victory over temptation)
Romans 8:38-39 (We have victory over sin)
John 11:25-26 (We have victory over death)
I realized this morning for the first time ever in my life that I am never alone. Not once. God is constantly there whether I think it or not. Mindblowing stuff my friends. Mindblowing.
Jesus paid the high price for our lives. What are you and I willing to do for Him?