Sunday, January 28, 2007

changing from the inside out

I'm very glad I went to church this morning. The message the pastor brought to the congregation brought me to tears...it really just broke me down. Here are the notes I jotted down this morning.

- Jesus Christ broke the power of sin over our lives when He died and rose again.
- To experience freedom from sin's power:
1. I must be fully committed to God and the process of changing and
2. Identify a specific area in need of drastic change.
3. Remember that you as a Christian are free from sin's power.

The question the pastor asked was this: "Is the truth of Jesus Christs death and resurrection piercing you? Does it mean anything at all to you?"

It was at this point I realized how desperate I am for Christ.

Scripture readings were:

Romans 6:8-10
1 Corinthians 10:13 (We have victory over temptation)
Romans 10:9
Romans 8:38-39 (We have victory over sin)
John 11:25-26 (We have victory over death)

I realized this morning for the first time ever in my life that I am never alone. Not once. God is constantly there whether I think it or not. Mindblowing stuff my friends. Mindblowing.

Jesus paid the high price for our lives. What are you and I willing to do for Him?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:33 p.m.

    You might not want to kill yourself because you have Ruth, which is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote this in a passionate hurry, still carrying the emotions. I guess the view I was speaking from was a world without Christ and I didn't know anyone.

    I agree with you there anonymous. She definitly is the greatest gift apart from salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be shaken up sometimes, eh Sean?

    ReplyDelete