Monday, January 15, 2007

Everybody knows this is nowhere

Weather in town today - The rain is freezing today. Belleville's a big slippery pond waiting for an accident.

I've been listening to ol' Neil Young these days. 'Southern Man' is a song about racism in the American South. It makes references to slavery and the Ku Klux Klan. Great jam song. Apparently he wrote the chord progression while sitting on the toilet.

Interesting song fact: Lynard Skynard wrote 'Sweet Home Alabama' after hearing this song and hoped it would convince Neil that the South isn't as bad as it looks.

In other news, I'm almost done my story on the rap concert. I'm still waiting for a security guard to call me back so I can get his perspective and a few quotes.

And now in the words of my esteemed Porky Pig...."Thhha thaaat's all folks!"

1 comment: