Saturday, December 09, 2006

Buried under it all

Even though I have finished this week, I feel somewhat unaccomplished. Good news though...my story I wrote is being considered for the paper next week. Always a good thing I suppose.

Time is running out. School is coming to a close and I'm heavily looking forward to the break. I need to cleanse myself of journalism for a bit and re-vamp my goals.

It is good to remind yourself that it is ok to fail. We can't excel at everything. Trust me, it is a good experience as much as I hate it. It is dangerous when humans excel in every aspect they set their mind to.

When I was young, I thought failure was the worst possible thing to happen to me. Looking back now, I take it in stride, so I can do better next time.

Ruth is at work till 4 today. I'm at home watching Fresh Prince Season 2 and listening to music. I feel like going somewhere fun today. I have this obsessive desire to constantly be doing something. I need to learn to relax.

Currently listening to - The Normals, "Best I Can". Here's some lyrics from the song that I enjoy.

"I sometimes hide behind my words
Sometimes I’m round the corner from these songs
But words are only words
Like days are only days"

I'm also reminded of a great quote that every Christian should read.

"The best thing that could possibly happen in your life, literally the best thing, is that your biggest, deepest darkest sin, the one you try the hardest to hide, would be exposed on the 5 o'clock news. That way you have nothing to cling to but Jesus, because He's all you've got anyway. Don't try to convince yourself that your sin isn't real, take joy in the fact that your Saviour is real."

- Derek Webb (House Show)

I love it when people get in my face about my faith.

Merry Christmas everyone. Don't work too hard today.

No comments:

Post a Comment