Wednesday, September 06, 2006

you know that scene where...

it seems my mind is full with movie/television quotes. Sometimes I think I'm incapable of creating my own valid, insightful quote. Anyone can sputter a random group of words out of their mouth and make them sound intelligent. I guess whatever floats your boat. I seems that in my quest for originality, I end up back where I started. And now that I'm in the boat of unoriginality, I start rowing back to the shores of uncertainty. There are so many things in life that I'd rather not "have to do" such as pursue an education or drive to the grocery store. I would not like lay in bed all day either or read the latest newspaper article. Who cares about being up to date on current events? Why does it really matter? I know I'm an apprenticing journalist and I "should keep in touch with what happened today because it's part of my job" but...in the end, after it is all said and done, what did I really do? I guess I'll find out then. But I still know that I'll be spending eternity with the One who saved me from this world. And that my friends is an astonishing reassurance that I can rest on.

and as I read this over, I don't see how it ties together but are blogs really supposed to? who read them anyway?


Godspeed,

words of a skeptical optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment